Next time, if I'm spending that many clams on scallops, I'm def going back to Gus & Co. Seafood on Valley Road in Montclair, which offers day-boat catches from the Jersey Shore. Prices are high but not higher than this and I swear, I can taste the sea in them.
High-ticket items in my cart, about $5 or more--but that doesn't mean they weren't a good buy per ounce or serving. Not listing things that didn’t cost $5 or more, such as heads of cauliflower, organic blackberries, garlic, feta, Cheddar, crackers, etc.
- Dozen large eggs from Snoep Winkel Farm in NJ, $5.39. I'm getting more into slow food and eating local when possible, step by step.
- Gallon 365 brand organic whole milk, $5.99.
- Late July brand Cheddar sandwich crackers, 8 little snack bags, $5.99.
- Vegan mock smoked "Provolone," $4.99.
- Large jar 356 brand crunchy PB, $4.99.
- Changing Seas smoked salmon, one full pound, $19.99.
- Trio very large organic white yams, 4.36 lbs at $1.99/lb., $8.68.
- Bag vegan Dandies brand mini marshmallows [no fish gelatin in them], $4.69.
- Valrhona dark chocolate fèves , $8.64.
- Friendship whipped cottage cheese, $4.99.
- Quart organic strawberries, $4.99.
- Christopher Kimball's Milk Street Magazine, a new food mag I haven't read yet...noticed recipe for Naples' Two-Cheese Pasta with Cauliflower and got all ingredients; mag was $6.95. [Recipe calls for 2 lb. cauliflower and 1/2 lb. pasta.]
- Wedge aged Provolone to grate for #12 recipe, $6.90.
- Wedge Romano Pecorino to grate for #12 recipe, $5.69.
- Box fresh vegan ravioli, $6.99.
- Box fresh cheese ravioli, $9.99.
- Prosciutto and cheese tray for Punchy's lunch box tomorrow, $4.99.
- Hot bar, jerk chicken and Mac and cheese, .69 lb., $6.20.
- Jar Sriracha Vegenaise, $4.99.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND SO FAR THIS MONTH: $125.95.