Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2019

Dark

I seem to remember another day when I spent zero money and darkness fell. Coincidence, or truth? Pattern?

I felt like a prisoner in my own house today, skipped my visit to salon chair for blowout [to conserve money]; mascara smudged for second day and looked bad [bear with me, little details loom large]; P and four kids [2
girls, 2 boys] ran a lemonade stand on the corner with our kitchen as home base. They made well over $50 selling at 50 cents per cup. I gave them my two Meyer lemons plus others 🍋. It was hot and humid, not my weather, not without A.C. I wilt and drag.

Until tomorrow.

TCOY
  1. Walked Sug around block.
  2. Ate some healthy food: stirred pumpkin into plain yogurt, had leftover Joyist Buddha Bowl.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
ZERO.

TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $0.
MONTHLY SPEND AS OF APRIL 19: $2,442.28.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND SO FAR THIS MONTH: $128.54.


Big-ticket April spends so far, 19 days into the month:

Lamp, $79; luxe hand cream, $55; Giotto dinner to go + jar of imported Italian artichokes, $46; dog groomer/beauty salon, $75; vet for hamster, $157; necklace repair, $128; blowout, $55; Over the Moon, bday gifts for Punch friend + book for me, $60; Kings groceries, $132; liquor store, $32; bra/underwear/tights, $126; Joyist, $39 one day while working on assignments there; second blowout w service tips, $52; Punchy, Lululemon, $28; Justice, bday gifts and gift bag/pink tissue for Punch friend + shorts for Punch + $2 donation at register, $58; Kings groceries, $63; Joyist, $25 one day while working on deadlines; bike delivery, $35; Whole Foods, $69; CVS & Kings, Easter gifts/basket treats [counting lemon curd for tarts], $97. Steep subtotal of $1,411.

MONEY THOUGHTS: Dan went to ShopRite and got most of what we need for Easter, including 3 half-pints raspberries, salmon, almond whipped "cream" in can for Fig dessert alternative, heavy whipping cream, Yukon Gold potatoes, graham cracker crumbs, asparagus, butter, orange juice, lemons, plus tomatoes, lox, cream cheese, mozzarella, Triscuits--and a pot of pretty, dainty Tiny Dancer Daffodils. [I asked for flowers instead of Easter candy.] I have a little more cash and think I will get a bottle of wine and Parkerhouse rolls from bakery.

keeping my eye on
SO FAR: TOTAL APRIL SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $2,442.28.
MY TOTAL MARCH SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $4,128.41.
TOTAL FEBRUARY SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $3,159.25.

2 comments:

  1. Hope today is better! Also hate humidity. I had a tough week at work with focus -more colleagues with bad news, evening apptmts. Hoping today to combine a little work, a little food prep, confession, and reading the mueller report. Tomorrow will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and your family, Liz! Love, Alice

    ReplyDelete