Search This Blog

Sunday, April 14, 2019

How Does Your Garden Grow?

TCOY
  1. I'm not proud about missing Palm Sunday Mass, and not getting a piece of palm to fold into a cross, but Punchy was acting up big time and I didn't have the energy. I was going to go it alone, but then decided to take a nap instead, which felt good. [We often go to Mass at noon.]
  2. Dan and I raked and gardened a lot. Front and back look much better, but we still have to rake backyard.
  3. Pampering shampoo.
  4. Walked Sug around block.
  5. Went out to dinner at Egan's with Anne and Elly to celebrate all three of our birthdays. So nice to sit and catch up with them. Plus, good decaf coffee for dessert.
  6. Regarding ongoing issues w Punch, I was able to calmly but firmly discuss my opinion with Dan and he heard me.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Kings, delicious 2.5 lb. ham to bake for me and Punch, bananas, oat milk [sale], 2 loaves Ezekiel bread [sale], Skippy PB, pretty, large pot of pink tulips for my friend's bday, 3/4 pound Boar's Head deli turkey, half gallon organic whole milk, $63.34.
  • Egan's, dinner + drinks out with my friends, $30.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $93.34.
MONTHLY SPEND AS OF APRIL 14: $1,976.71.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND SO FAR THIS MONTH: $141.19.


Big-ticket April spends so far, 14 days into the month:

Lamp, $79; luxe hand cream, $55; Giotto dinner to go + jar of imported Italian artichokes, $46; dog groomer/beauty salon, $75; vet for hamster, $157; necklace repair, $128; blowout, $55; Over the Moon, bday gifts for Punch friend + book for me, $60; Kings groceries, $132; liquor store, $32; bra/underwear/tights, $126; Joyist, $39 one day while working on assignments there; second blowout w service tips, $52; Punchy, Lululemon, $28; Justice, bday gifts and gift bag/pink tissue for Punch friend + shorts for Punch + $2 donation at register, $58; and Kings groceries, $63. Steep subtotal of $1,185.

MONEY THOUGHTS: When supermarkets [including Kings, Whole Foods and ShopRite] offer tasting samples, I sometimes spring for the item. Do you? I have done this with a local family brand of tomato sauce and with chicken sausages. Today, I invested in a small ham to bake after tasting a generous slice with mustard. I think it will be delicious for dinners and sandwiches. It cost a lot, about $20, with $1 off per pound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment