Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Monday Catch up

TCOY
  1. Walked in and out of town.
  2. Talked to Sis and my cousin Lin [they were together, missed them].
  3. Ate healthfully. Oatmeal with apricots and walnuts; hard-boiled egg; and Ezekiel toast for bkfst. Ample Buddha Bowl with baby spinach, roasted beets and chickpeas, delicious tahini dressing and hard-boiled egg for lunch.
  4. Wrote with fervor at Joyist, met my deadline. My friend Rach was next to me writing for part of the afternoon, too.
  5. Women's spiritual group. Very good nourishment.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Joyist, organic latte, free; Buddha Bowl; delicious avocado toast with tender baby greens and a drizzle of fine olive oil; and organic cappuccino, free. Total, $24. And so ended my week as a proud, card-carrying member of the Joyist unlimited coffee club. I made a modest pledge to support women in business and this was my reward. Loved it! From Monday through Monday, I had these organic coffee drinks: 2 cappuccinos; 2 lattes; 2 cold brews, one with coconut milk; 2 chocolate lattes [no refined sugar, syrup made from dates and cocoa], and 2 chocolate lattes made with oat milk. By 4 p.m., I could not finish that last fine cappuccino. #IloveJoyist
  • Print shop to get copy of 20+ page document in town, $4.50.
  • Sandwich Theory, I was sitting editing by hand for an hour there after copy shop closed, so wanted to buy something. Got container of tomato, basil and baby mozzarella salad to bring Dan, $6.70.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $35.20.
MONTHLY SPEND AS OF APRIL 8: $1,379.40.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND SO FAR THIS MONTH: $172.42.


Big April spends so far, 8 days into the month:
Lamp, $79; luxe hand cream, $55; Giotto dinner to go + artichokes, $46; dog groomer/beauty salon, $75; vet for hamster, $157; necklace repair, $128; blowout, $55; Over the Moon, bday gifts for friend + book for me, $60; Kings groceries, $132; liquor store, $32. Steep subtotal of $764.

MONEY THOUGHTS: I really liked that prepaid unlimited coffee card. I also like the print shop in town, affordable and friendly; I only go occasionally. I need many more days with spends like this [of $35 or lower] to bring down my average daily spend for the month. We are hosting Easter dinner, so that could be a fairly big grocery bill, and hair maintenance is a lot. This Thursday night is a big fundraiser for Punchy's school. Dan and I got early-bird tickets for $90! each last month [didn't include in my log] but then there are raffles and auctions, etc. I challenge myself to bring down the daily average day by day. I also want to make a donation to an important cause and have been holding off.

No comments:

Post a Comment