- Uber for Sug + me to groomer, since Dan had our car at Science Day at Punchy's school. Thanks, driver Pedro, with $1.50 tip, $9.20. Poor Sug was shaking like a leaf. She knows very well when she is headed to the vet or the groomer, in an Uber or not. She's nobody's fool.
- Uber for me to get from groomer to Joyist to work [and step outside to sit at tables there to do phone interviews]. Thanks, driver Yasmin, with $1.50 tip, $9.27.
- Joyist, latte, free, with my unlimited weekly coffee card. Delicious breakfast bowl w mashed root vegs, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms, crispy kale and 2 eggs. Costs $11 but free, with my 10th punch on rewards card. Chia pudding w raspberries, $6.
- I now ordered the Mini Warren Lamp from Aerin.com to go with my beautiful Liberty of London lamp shade, which does not, in fact, fit with my little $3 Cape Cod thrift-shop lamp, as I hoped it would. I put the shade on a small lopsided white Laura Ashley lamp I bought in the 1990s! It will look so much better on its true partner, on sale 50 percent off [so $125] and comes with a pretty cream linen shade. Then I will surprise Figgy by putting lopsided lamp w perfect new cream shade up in her room. I think she will like it. Lamps are alluring accessories and casting light is a beautiful thing. Free shipping, but $8.28 tax. $133.28. I have the best news! I checked my email around 5 p.m. and found one re. Aerin warehouse sale! My order went through at 11:49 a.m. and at 2:39 p.m., the little lamp was marked down to $79. I called customer service and will be charged the lower price. So glad I caught that email ON SAME DAY. Adjusted price: $84.23.
- Williams-Sonoma, lovely Floral Meadow Easter bunny mug to give Sis [she is coming for Easter dinner; all Easter items were 20 percent off] and jar of organic veg stock marked down from $19.99 to $4.99. $16.04.
I got this mug to give Sis on Easter. Here is the LINK.
When we see a bunny in the grass, we say it is our Dad visiting.
- Uber back to groomer to get Sug and then deliver her at home, all fluffy, clean and pampered. Thanks, driver John, with $2.50 tip, $13.69. This was a madcap + stressful Uber day but Sug was overgrown. I didn't know the groomer was closing early and needed us there by 2; Dan couldn't get there by then from Science Day. But I did get our car again by 2:15.
- Parking meter, $1.50.
- Montclair Stationery, two legal pads for article interviews, one pink, one blue; 2 fine-point Sharpies for taking notes, one green [embracing my Irish] and one royal blue; and one large, old-fashioned interoffice envelope that says INTER-DEPARTMENTAL MAIL. I think Punch and I can send notes back and forth to each other under our bedroom doors. You know, retro envelope also says, Cross out previous address. Use repeatedly until all spaces are utilized. $13.84.
- I FORGOT TO PUT THE COST OF GROOMER FOR SUG'S BATH AND HAIR STYLING. ADDING TWO DAYS LATER, $65 + tip, $75. BUMMER. I'M GOING TO ADD A PETS/VET $ BREAKDOWN STARTING AT END OF MONTH.
- Joyist to work again while Dan handled Punch, free cold brew; hazelnut energy bites, $7.
MONTHLY SPEND AS OF APRIL 4: $605.64.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND SO FAR THIS MONTH: $151.41.