Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A Touch of Melancholy

I think Sis and I both feel melancholy about me leaving tomorrow.....I arrived last Wednesday night.

Her home is neat, tidy and organized....I will return to some chaos.....I will do my very best.....here, I've scrubbed the white G.E. glass stovetop every night, first with cleanser and then, if necessary, used a razor blade to remove cooked-on food or gunk! I clean our stovetop at home, too, but not every night. It helps that it is dark.

I won't leave tomorrow until 4 or later to Uber to train, then connect in NYC to bus. I will have been here for visits from the nurse administrator, physical therapist and dog walker, the regular nurse and the home health aide.....a fleet of Sis's friends are standing by.....and Figgy will be coming overnight Thursday....

Good night to you.

UPDATE: Dan and I just talked at 9:33 p.m. He’s leaving later Thursday for work in Savannah--he can get Punch on morning bus and I can get back by afternoon. Now Sis won’t have to be alone tomorrow night.

$ MONEY SPENT OUT POCKET
  • Parking meter near Stamford Public Library, one hour, $1 in quarters.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $1. 💍🛎💰
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MAY 14: $1,198.15.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $85.58.

Money thoughts: I spied a vintage clothing store across from the Stamford Library. I popped in and it turned out that Donna Schmerzler had a pop-up shop there that was ending today. Eye-catching earrings, rings and more....but I resisted. I have to conserve my money to pay the dentist and therapist bills right now. I hope to check out Deedles & Shay [NY & CT] again sometime in the future. The business is run by twin-sister fashionistas.


keeping my eye on past numbers:
TOTAL APRIL SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $3,634.28.
AVG. DAILY SPEND FOR APRIL: $121.14.
TOTAL MARCH SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $4,128.41.
TOTAL FEBRUARY SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $3,159.25.



2 comments:

  1. So lovely that you can be with Sis at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, thank you. Just like Lance, but he was there for so much longer for your Dad! It is a gift. My Sis is doing much better. I think it's a good thing I didn't get the [fast-paced and commuting required] job I had hoped for because I would likely not have been able to take off 7 workdays for this support, especially not in the beginning. I'm grateful it worked out with Dan, my sitter and Figgy covering things at home....Love Alice

      Delete