Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2019

Monday Money

I want to write about my Chelsea Market adventure tomorrow when I have more energy--not at night.

TCOY
  1. Walked around block.
  2. Walked 1 hour in NYC today, from Port Authority to Chelsea Market and back.
  3. Went to press event, networked, in foodie paradise.
  4. Venti cup of ice water [free] from Starbucks.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • DeCamp bus, round trip to NYC, $7.65 each way, $15.30.
  • Sarabeth's Bakery in Chelsea Market, where I stared down incredible treats [chocolate pudding with whipped cream in a small mason jar; rich brownies; Chocolate Chubbies; Chocolate Chip Cloud Cookies; shortbread; loaf cake slices; and so much more] and got a decaf iced latte, so I could sit and work on my laptop, $5.17 plus tip, $5.67. P.S. People were having tall, stuffed multi-layered sandwiches [egg salad or turkey] and they looked soooo good.
  • Starbucks, all I wanted was the free giant cup of ice water [it was hot, walking 30 minutes back] but had to buy something, so got 2-pack of dark chocolate graham crackers and ate one, brought other one home, $2.25.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $23.22.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MAY 20: $1,657.03.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $82.85.

Money thought: It felt good to walk my city--for free--and feel like a part of its quirky, colorful fabric  and confident air instead of spending money on a subway or cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment