And I had from 10:20 a.m. to 6 p.m. with Sis and Buttercup on this beautiful May day.
I did little things for and with Sis:
- Check her bandage, apply new tape.
- Eat breakfast at round kitchen table--hardboiled eggs, dark bread, the delicious coffee she makes in a French press. Her real name is MaryAnne. From now on, it's MaryAnne Blend coffee.
- Take sheets off guest room bed.
- Do a couple loads wash and hang delicates--including one of the two special post-surgery white camisoles from Underneath It All to dry on wood rack. [There is a shop in NYC.]
- Load some dishes.
- Change the flowers--the beautiful bouquets from our brother Will; her stepdaughter Julie; me and my family; and her stepson, Charles--all withered. Refresh all vases with pink roses and clean white baby's breath.
- Sit at the round kitchen table and eat lunch.
- Sample a couple of chocolates from the big golden Godiva box her college friend Jill sent.
- Go grocery shopping.
- Look at photos of her trip to Florida to swim with dolphins before her surgery.
- Cuddle her doggy.
- Walk by the pretty marina. See two beautiful white swans and a family of ducks.
- And take a nap on the couch, safe and sound in the presence of my big sister while "I Dream of Jeannie" is on TV.
- Uber from downtown Stamford to Sis's, plus $2 tip, $10.17. [The traffic was really bad and Lisa would be even more delayed for work, so I Ubered the last short leg of the journey at 10:10 a.m.]
- ShopRite in Stamford. I went to get groceries for Sis [using her credit card] and also bought things for her in a separate order with my cash: pink petunia plant for terrace; dozen pretty long-stem pink roses; Mrs. Meyer's limited edition peony hand soap; pint coffee ice cream; plus dog food for Sugar and a cute 3-in-1 Despicable Me shampoo/conditioner/body wash for Punch and small gift and gift bag from me and Sis to Lisa, $39.90.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MAY 21: $1,707.10.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $81.29.