Search This Blog

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Rocky Road

Rocky, rocky road.....with the younger one....will skip some details here, but Dan and I balancing work deadlines between supervising homework and flash cards, confiscating chewing gum before school, bringing P. to weekly 8 a.m. chess class, [thank goodness Dan did that one], after-school activities etc. You can see the tiredness in our eyes. We look and feel defeated and flattened sometimes. There isn't enough coffee--or, for that matter, chocolate--in the world.

TCOY
  1. Got to 7 a.m. support group.
  2. Walked into town with laptop.
  3. Talked to Sis.
  4. Met my friend Rach for iced coffee on her lovely porch!
  5. Nap while Dan did homework stint.
  6. Clipped fragrant lilacs, placed in my mother's crystal globe vase.
  7. Ate broccoli. Big step for me.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Jackie's Grillette, lunch, with tip, $15.
  • Moss & More, long stalk pussy willows for our home and nice flowering plant and ivy in cute planter to give CCD teacher. This was last class of the year. Mrs. F. is a saint to volunteer her time for those weekly Thursday afternoon fifth grade classes. I think she has four children of her own. I am thankful. $27.72.
  • Joyist, used my reward for a delicious blend. Bought coconut energy bites and mock Twix bars, no refined sugar, $10.
  • Whole Foods, Punchy snack after school, on way to CCD, $4. [I got the mock Twix bars for her but she didn't like them. Go figure.]
  • Gasoline, $20.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $76.72.
MONTHLY SPEND AS OF MAY 2: $172.78.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND THIS MONTH: $86.14.

Big-ticket May spends: Little Bear Poke, $36; Let's Yo, $28; Moss & More, teacher gift+, $28. Subtotal $92.

MONEY THOUGHTS: I'm trying to be money-conscious. I was happy we could eat the fresh ravioli, sauce and frozen broccoli I bought days ago at Whole Foods so didn't have to spend money on dinner. Yesterday, we were running around between therapy appt and Family Fitness Night @school--ran out of time to cook. 

keeping my eye on
SO FAR, TOTAL MAY SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $172.78.
TOTAL APRIL SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $3,634.28.
TOTAL MARCH SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $4,128.41.
TOTAL FEBRUARY SPEND OUT OF POCKET: $3,159.25.



No comments:

Post a Comment