It picked up--my peace level--when I picked up my CPAP machine, laptop, makeup and bag and hopped the 3:45 bus to NYC and then walked to Grand Central Station for the 6:10 Metro North to New Canaan, first stop Stamford. Dan encouraged me to take a break.
Tomorrow, we are going out on a fishing boat--Sis rented a captain and boat for 1 to 4 p.m. She is having some pretty serious surgery next week [I will be with her before, through and after] and fishing is something she will miss while recuperating. I was going to bring Punch today, but instead, she will play her soccer game in the morning and Dan will drive her over and they both will fish with us.
- Warm bath with salts.
- That delicious breakfast [see $ list, below].
- Dr. appt. [I overslept on Wednesday morning and missed it.]
- Got Rxs at CVS.
- Walking around Grand Central Station. My city. Craned neck to look at zodiac signs on exquisite blue and white ceiling.
- At my sister's. She cooked a healthy dinner of chicken and kale...her dog is snuggled up next to me....adorable little cuddle bunny...we can sleep late.
- We will walk Butter soon by the marina.
- Parking meter, 15 minutes, 25 cents.
- Cafe Giotto, most fabulous mini pandoro pastry filled with light marsala cream....called mini but far from mini....it was so good. I've resisted it for months now, since January. I got it and a latte before reporting to the elementary school library to help put book pockets in, stamp pages with the library name, enter donated books into the catalog system. Lots of Magic Tree House and Baby-Sitter's Club copies and one Judy Blume that I want to read. Also bought jar of Giotto's own cocoa hazelnut spread to bring to Sis, with tip, $18.24.
- Piece of pizza with basil for lunch, $4.
- CVS, after pharmacy co-pays, half-gallon Horizon organic milk, large Fairlife chocolate milk, pint heavy cream, bag dog treats, dog food, cashews, raisins, large Special K, Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal, 2 Amy's bean & cheese burritos, 2 smallish Endangered Species dark chocolate bars, 2 bags medium-roast ground coffee, Caltrate 600+ Vitamin D [$16.79, but I had $3 coupon off vitamins], Bliss cleanser, comfy tunic top to wear in hospital with Sis overnight [yes, I know it's weird to buy clothes at CVS]. $99.97.
- DeCamp bus, bought return ticket for Sunday in case I don't drive back with Dan and Punch tomorrow evening, $7.65.
- Ann Taylor LOFT store on Broadway, 2 pairs earrings at 40 percent off, one pair is for Sis, plus $3 donation at register for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, $34.02.
- Metro-North, one-way train ticket to Stamford, CT during peak rush hour, $15.25. High price.
- Zaro's on Dining Concourse in Grand Central, hot dog with mustard and sauerkraut, plus tip jar $5. Wow. that was a lot.
- Hudson News, two paperback books, $27.21.
MONTHLY SPEND AS OF MAY 3: $384.37.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND THIS MONTH: $175.78.
Big-ticket spends as of May 3: Little Bear Poke for family + P. pal, $36; Let's Yo, P pals, $28; Moss & More, teacher gift+, $28; CVS, $100; Ann Taylor LOFT earrings for Sis + me + donation, $34; and Grand Central Station 2 paperback books, $27. Subtotal $253.