Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Feast or Famine

One of my freelance writing paychecks was delayed....so glad it came Thursday, so I could pay dr. bill and also! Get 15 yoga classes on sale for $285. That is a big chunk to spend, but I have 8 months to use them and hope to go at least weekly. The 5-class card is $125, so $25 per class. With this sale, $19 per class. Big savings.

TCOY
  1. Ground some of my Irving Farm beans, made French press coffee.
  2. Joe's 8 a.m. yoga class. Down dogs, stretches, tree poses, lunges, cat/cows--and of course, my favorite, shavasana [resting pose at end]. So glad I got there.
  3. Sidestepped world's best donuts at Montclair Bread Co. and got breakfast sandwich on wheat roll and cold brew coffee, served with coffee ice cubes.
  4. Walked to women's group meeting. It was nurturing and important. Went wrong way, so got longer walk in.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Uber to yoga, plus tip, $10.61.
  • Yoga Mechanics, 15-class card sale plus $1 charity donation, $286. Investment in my sanity, posture, grace and strength.
  • Montclair Bread Company, $10.85.
  • Tip for delivery at women's group, $4.
  • Uber from town plus tip, $9.80.
  • CVS, went for Rx, got other things, you know the story by now. Including Cooking Light special smoothies issue [the chocolate and coffee smoothies look so good!]; Aveeno stress relief shower wash; 2 Clif Bars; dog food; and 2 Endangered Species 72 percent dark chocolate bars, $49.89.
  • Sandwich Theory, Avocado Dream sandwich to bring Fig at work but without the excellent Provolone and pesto, since she is vegan. With tip, $9.73.
  • Maggie's Organics, best and softest clothing from company in Michigan, much of it on sale, plus something for Dan, with free shipping, $106.60. This includes a skirt, pink ruched top, espresso colored scoop-neck top and Dan gift. 
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $487.48.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JUNE 15: $2,466.68.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $164.44.


MONEY THOUGHTS: Big June spends include LillyPulitzer.com dress, tech sleeve 
for laptop, market tote, $154; Vamp salon cut, color and shampoo product, $271; 

gift, $80; Ubers while our only car was in shop for 4 days; 
Joyist, school morning, $37; teachers' toasts tickets, $74; 
teachers' gift contribution, $40; Aerin sale at Williams-Sonoma, $78; blowout 
June 14, $45; 15-class yoga pass, $285; Maggie's Organics, 3 items clothing plus Dan,
$107; Local Coffee, beans plus etc., $31; CVS good sunscreen sale plus, $79; Aveda
lipstick, $24.

KEEPING AN EYE ON PAST MONTHS

MAY TOTAL SPEND: $2,348.24.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $75.75. 

APRIL TOTAL SPEND: $3,634.28.
APRIL AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $121.14.


2 comments:

  1. When you go to yoga weekly, does it inspire you to practice on your own, or is that enough with your walking and biking?
    I am so sedentary during the week that if I just go to one class, the next day stiffness isn’t worth it. Been exposed to yoga moves in other classes, esp Pilates, but have never taken a class.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. I never practice yoga on my own. I need the class environment, or at least, want it. I'm not stiff after yoga. I feel stronger and can bend over more easily to lift things, etc., especially if I take Melissa's class! I have only taken one Pilates class in my life and wow, was that hard, You go, girl! I find that yoga feels hard but also adds to grace and balance and TCOY for sure, because it is a time commitment of 1.25 or 1.5 hr. class. :)

      Delete