Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Style City

Textile designer Lori Weitzner, above, and some of her beautiful work, below.



Now it is 9:19 at night, and Punch has been giving us a run for our money, Dan worked mightily with her on her homework, I got up early to do the dishes before a morning dr. appt., she has chess at 8 a.m. tomorrow and dance show tomorrow evening, I missed the deadline for teachers' gift collection, my cold is lingering and I think I will go to bed. But I had a great few hours in sun-dappled NYC at a collection launch in the luxe Chelsea apartment of Lori Weitzner, a textile designer with a beautiful eye for textures and trims. [Bus pulled in at 12:15 and left at 3:30.] I promise to write about this ASAP, from the beautiful pillows to the exquisite lunch prepared by her friend's long-time personal chef. And oh--the penthouse! Dessert on the roof......Lori led us up, holding a vintage tiered tray of exquisite coconut macaroons dipped in dark chocolate. Report to come.

TCOY
  1. Went to dr. checkup at 9:20 a.m. Faced music--on scale, etc.
  2. Breathing in the energy of my NYC.
  3. I bought and made wild-caught salmon, brown rice, broccoli, veggie stir-fry, and served fresh raspberries and apricots for dessert.
  4. Subway walking, carrying 2 grocery bags back to the bus terminal.
  5. Private Benjamin appointment.
  6. Choosing to go to bed now. And good news, Dan is doing early chess run.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Java Love, small coffee and slim, crunchy biscotti, plus tip, $4.75.
  • Uber, Dan drove me to dr. but then dropped car at the mechanic, so I had to Uber back from Glen Ridge to Montclair, counting tip, $10.65.
  • Round trip DeCamp bus to NYC, $15.30.
  • Whole Foods in Chelsea, lots of healthy foods, including 1 pound fresh salmon, brown jasmine rice, broccoli, organic local cream, freshly ground almond butter, almond milk, asparagus, fresh apricots, organic raspberries, 2 boxes woven wheat crackers, wedge Parmigiano-Reggiano, soy sauce, asparagus and more, $104.76.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $146.11.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JUNE 4: $422.32.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $105.58.
MONEY THOUGHTS: You can see how this is piling up fast. In May, I was with Sis in hospital one night and at home in CT maybe 6 nights? I bought a lot of groceries for her at first but after that, we ate food her friends graciously made [lasagna, grilled lamb, etc.] So I wasn't buying groceries to feed a family of four.

KEEPING AN EYE ON PAST MONTHS

MAY TOTAL SPEND: $2,348.24.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $75.75. 

APRIL TOTAL SPEND: $3,634.28.
APRIL AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $121.14.



No comments:

Post a Comment