Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

New Arctic Blast at Home!

Dan went out Saturday and got a big A.C. for our dining room. We are loving it, and I even worked at home today, mostly in comfort.

TCOY
  1. Biked to 7 a.m. support group. Found comfort there.
  2. Made a recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough--you roll it in balls and eat, unbaked, as a snack. Almond flour, unsweetened coconut, Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips, no cupfuls of sugar or sticks of butter. It's vegan and calls for Bobbi Brown's EVOLUTION_18 Overnight Vanilla supplement [don't think that is vegan] but I didn't have that; it's on back order. I added some pure vanilla extract. Nor did I have home-soaked or store-bought cashew butter. I substituted peanut butter. I think it would be much better with cashew butter. Next time. My cookie monster verdict: Might be better with the vanilla supplement, too. The treats are not very sweet. And photo of dough on website looks much lighter than mine, due to my PB vs. purer, paler cashew butter. Fig working at campus lab so I don't have her verdict yet.
  3. Worked; writing a consumer/health piece for Brain & Life Magazine. Enjoy donning reporter's visor.
  4. Private Benjamin appointment. Life feels lighter when I talk to my therapist about depression, money, job hunt, parenting, marriage, most everything.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Kings supermarket, Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips, Bob's Red Mill almond flour [pricey $11.99 per lb. bag], 2 cans Bumblebee tuna, 1 blue glass candle lantern to hang from our dwarf apple tree tonight, and one votive candle to put in it, about $32.
  • Uber to Private Benjamin 4:30 appt, plus tip, $9.82. [Dan drove car to Clifton Public Library to write there.]
  • Uber back from appt, plus tip, $9.63.
  • Yet another Uber home from the movies [Dan and Fig went to a horror movie, they like those] and I went to a great documentary I will write about here. $10.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $61.45.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JULY 16 [AND STARTING JULY 5]: $752.43.
JULY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $62.70.

Big-ticket firecracker items in July: *Marcel bkfast w Punch and loaf of bread, $29; *Tory Burch sandals, $111; Starbucks Camp day, $94 [I subtracted the Bear Mountain pickles and peaches]; Punch bday gifts for friend + tiramisu w Elaine, $37; Joyist to write, + Punch drop-in, $30; one day of Joyist Reset Meal Plan, $35; Elixir of Love body creme, $30; Kings, groceries to make Bobbi Brown website chocolate-chip cookie dough, plus candle holder and votive, $32.



2 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Yay, AC!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it, sister. Punch at her Mimi's for a visit and she will be so delighted, too. We all are, and Sugar, too. Have a good day, Liz.

      Delete