Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2019

“Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.”

I'm devouring a book called The Shack and at the beginning of each chapter, the author has a quote. The one in this post title, from Lebanese poet Kahlil Gibran, reached me, went straight to my head and my heart. I kept thinking the words over and over again...a wall between two gardens...beauty and growth on both sides....sadness is but a wall. It really propelled me....I weeded, took long bath, leisurely walk with Sug, enjoyed Dan's salad for dinner and we talked.

TOTAL DAILY SPEND: ZERO [though I did look at Bobbi Brown's website and want to order her chocolate and vanilla powders for smoothies and recipesboth products were out of stock, though, and so was my purse].
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JULY 14 [AND STARTING JULY 5]: $675.79.
JULY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $67.58.

Big-ticket firecracker items in July: *Marcel bkfast w Punch and loaf of bread, $29; *Tory Burch sandals, $111; Starbucks Camp day, $94 [I subtracted the Bear Mountain pickles and peaches]; Punch bday gifts for friend + tiramisu w Elaine, $37; Joyist to write, + Punch drop-in, $30; one day of Joyist Reset Meal Plan, $35; Elixir of Love body creme, $30.

5 comments:

  1. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. I came into aware of new professional blog and I am impressed with suggestions of author. zwangerschapsyoga amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.persoonlijke ontwikkeling utrecht

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that book, it is recommended for people in recovery. I will read with you! Glad you are seeing some light.

    Saw a good documentary this weekend called Maiden, about a 24 year old who decided that she wanted to sail around the world in the Whitford Cup, found no crew would add a woman, and took 3 years to get a boat, a sponsor, an all women crew, and do it in 1989. Recommended.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, it's funny, IDK where I got the book. I know someone read it and passed it on to me, and I think I've had it since my Christmas drive to Maine, when I packed and unpacked it and packed it again, untouched. I find it moving and gracefully written. Now that you say it is recommended for people in recovery, I like it even more. The documentary you mention--my sister would love that. She is a sailor. I will tell her about it. Have a good day. Love, Alice

      Delete
    2. Liz, my Sis loved the Maiden suggestion. And it turned out she is the one who passed the book onto me. It is getting a bit theological now that I'm in the thick of it....xo

      Delete