Search This Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Seas Still Choppy

$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Uber to town in downpour, plus tip, so I could write in comfort, $8.80.
  • Marcel, one mini pastry with spinach and cheese; decaf iced latte; and summer salad with watermelon, tomatoes, burrata, beets and citrus dressing, plus tip, $22.
  • Uber back home, plus tip, $8.80.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $39.60.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JULY 10 [AND STARTING JULY 5]: $541.26.
JULY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $77.32.

Big-ticket firecracker items in July: *Marcel bkfast w Punch and loaf of bread, $29; *Tory Burch sandals, $111; Starbucks Camp day, $94 [I subtracted the Bear Mountain pickles and peaches]; Punch bday gifts for friend + tiramisu w Elaine, $37; Joyist to write, + Punch drop-in, $30.

TCOY
  1. Dan has car. I think I will walk home in [lighter rain] now. Oops, raining very hard and puddles big and I have flip flops on. Too bad. Even with my umbrella, the 20-minute walk would be unpleasant. And now--rumbles of thunder at 7:57 p.m.
  2. I was tempted to get dessert here. The desserts at Marcel Bakery & Kitchen are very good. I did not. I decided it doesn't feel good afterward. I don't always behave well.
  3. Long bath with Dr. Teal's salts.


3 comments:

  1. Like a monsoon here for a bit
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, before meeting a friend in downtown Dc for lunch, I spent a couple of hours reading and writing in a cool indoor public space near the restaurant. It was full of people with laptops who settled in for their workday. I was in a nice dress, sipped my iced tea, and felt I was channeling you as I eyed their pastries (which I declined). Sophisticated and urban!

    Xoxo,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz and Nan. Thank you for checking in. The rain seems to have passed here--but my basil and strawberry plants really did want that drink. Nan, I love the sound of you in the dress at the public space!!!!!! Love Alice

    ReplyDelete