Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Starbucks Camp

Punch slept over at her friend's last night and arrived home about 9 a.m. My sitter wasn't available today but gave me hours yesterday and will do 10 to 2 tomorrow. So I was writing at Starbucks, once I could settle in with the music soundtrack and the constant chatter of people ordering iced coffees.

We pay our sitter $13 hourly, and that is low. Many charge $15 or more. The two camps Punch is attending this summer [one week each] range from $85 to $100 per day. So when I look at my expenses today, I am keeping that in mind. I had to pay to work.

$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET and this doesn't count Sug's Simparica tick pills at the vet, 6 monthly doses for about $85.
  • Forgot to add at Bear Mountain Sunday, for girls, 2 large dill pickles on sticks and big jar farm peaches, $15.
  • Little Daisy Bake Shop for Punch, large cookie with tip, $3.05.
  • 2 ATM bank fees, $6.
  • Parking meter, 75 cents.
  • Starbucks, where I sat for hours today and where Punch set up home base, leaving for CVS, toy store, sandwich and Post Office. Punch drink and my oatmeal w blueberries, $9.28. Salami and cheese tray, $6.24. Afternoon drinks for Punch; her pal, who was with us there for 4 hours; and me, plus 2 dark chocolate graham crackers, $16.21. Peppermint gum, $2.25. Starbucks total, $33.98.
  • CVS, I sent Punch across the street and she bought 3 large "share size' packs of Skittles to mail to her friend at camp, along with letters, a book, etc. $5.
  • Post Office, large padded envelope for camp care package and get-well card for us to mail to our beloved vet,  Dr. Cameron, $8.58.
  • Post Office again, Punch went and mailed the care package and the vet card. I think the total was about $8.
  • Learning Express toy store, where Punch walked over and got new Rainbow Loom and colored bands for it. She and her pal sat occupied for hours at a Starbucks table. About $19.
  • Sandwich Theory, gave girls money for lunch and they shared a ham and cheese, $10.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $109.36.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF JULY 9 [AND STARTING JULY 5]: $424.80.
JULY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $84.96.

Big-ticket firecracker items in July: *Marcel bkfast w Punch and loaf of bread, $29; *Tory Burch sandals, $111; Starbucks Camp day, $94 [I subtracted the Bear Mountain pickles and peaches].

TCOY
  1. 7 a.m. support group.
  2. Walked Sug around block.
  3. Book group at Maria's 5:30 p.m.!



2 comments:

  1. Sorry about rough waters. Keeping kids occupied is tough. Enjoy book club!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete