Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Finally Catch Up

What I love about taking a breather at my Sis's peaceful sanctuary in Connecticut is that I reset not just my battery but my TCOY meter. As in, I wielded my black LancĂ´me mascara wand today, and even applied a little sunscreen for the face before we went out to meet friends for brunch outdoors at a pretty golf course.

When Punch left w Mimi Thursday afternoon, Dan and I took deep sighs of relief. We love her so much but she makes it hard, pulling out all the stops and even doing things like removing her sweet school photo from Dan’s wallet and cutting it with scissors...I have to tell him to put in a new one.

I looked at us Thursday and could see Dan and me aging right before my eyes.

He made dinner and we watched a movie for a date night Friday. :)  We will have more time this week.

TCOY
  1. Rereading one of Ruth Reichl's wonderful memoirs with recipes, plucked from Sis's cookbook shelves. [I gave it to her for a gift. We each have a copy.]
  2. We walked Buttercup by the marina.
  3. Good discussion over brunch, and good shrimp cocktail in honor of Sis's husband, Don. We raised a shrimp to the sky. He loved that appetizer.
  4. We went to Whole Foods and bought healthy foods--chicken, grilled artichokes, good fresh cherries, organic strawberries, milk, dark chocolate, flatbread crackers, etc.
  5. Iced my foot and propped it up--it had swelled up with an infection.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET--end of June

Ongoing monthly spend as of June 30: $3,259.22.
Avg daily spend: $112.39.

$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET--FOR JULY 1 THROUGH JULY 5
  • Uber plus tip, ride to uptown Montclair to meet wonderful Sasha to write about her upcycled fashion business for a magazine assignment, $10.80.
  • I was Ubering back home after CVS Minute Clinic last week, so I got a lot of groceries since I was getting a ride, including a large, good frozen Flatbread pizza; graham crackers; snacks, including veggie chips and Cheddar popcorn; pistachios; hummus; icy/hot cream for swelled foot; Reader's Digest; face cleanser; 2 half gallons of milk; 2 canisters organic raisins; and more, $113.
  • Ubers to doctor and nutritionist appts and town and back, with tips, $9.80 + $13.29 + $12.63 + $10.33 + $16.27 + $11.48, so $73.80. [We don't have a car now.] Adds up.
  • Pink Bungalow, gifts, Lilly Pulitzer cup, pads, clipboard, bday card, $109.72. [Nutritionist told me to get special notebook to track progress, and this store has Lilly! I went right after appt.]
  • Cedar Beans Coffee in Cedar Grove, iced latte, two vegan biscotti, $2 tip, about $11.
  • CVS, tube of sunscreen for face, snack for Figgy, mouthwash, two deodorants, with $3 coupon, $29.50.
  • Williams-Sonoma, sale, $34.48.
  • Treated Sis for brunch in CT with tip, $57.55.
  • Chipped in for groceries w Sis at Whole Foods, $60.
  • Vesta Chocolate, road-trip treats for Punch and Mimi [2-hour drive to Atlantic City], $14.92.
  • Dark chocolate, low sugar, $22.23.
  • Amazon, new Lilly Pulitzer notebooks and used copy of Shirley Jackson's book Life Among the Savages, about raising her four kids, $37.
  • Hulu trial month subscription, $4.99, to watch "Shirley."
Total spend for 5 days: $578.99.
Ongoing monthly spend as of July 5: $578.99.
Avg daily spend: $115.80.

No comments:

Post a Comment