Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Wish I Had/Glad I Did 🍊🍊 

WISH

  • I had taken a short walk, even tho it was frigid.
  • Ordered the eggplant parmigiana plate from Sparo’s in town today--it’s Dan’s favorite and I got it for him. On a January Sunday, sharing an Italian sub with Skipper felt like an ill fit, not like digging into comforting eggplant with small-batch marinara.
  • I knew whether hibernating bears 🐻 feel lazy when they carb up for the winter. Circle ⭕️ of life and seasons and all that, but I feel sluggish and couch 🛋 potato-y. Cabin-feverish.

GLAD

  • I got out at all, by 4 p.m., and interacted with the nice young woman at Dry Goods Refillery, which stocks slow and local brands: farm milk in glass bottles, things you pour into returnable jars, Le French Dad breads baked in Montclair and yummy, low-sugar Gingersnap and Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Ground Up nut butters from Portland, Oregon. Check here: The brand helps women overcoming adversity. http://grounduppdx.com. And when I stopped at Kings for a few things, the lady parked next to me said "Where are your gloves?" when we groused about the cold and Murphy’s Law. COVID quarantining is rough--interacting behind masks is hard but meaningful.
  • Phone chat with Figgy.
  • I roasted a red pepper with.a splash of truffle oil and some Maldon sea salt.
  • Skipper ran outside when the snow started. ❄️ ❄️ 
  • Calming soak with Wild Orange & Thyme Bath Bomb from our town’s Dolly Moo. Smells fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment