Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Money Maven?


Above, photo on SoFi.com for “23 Tips on Saving Money Daily."

Greetings from the same woman who, for months, tracked her daily spending out of pocket at the bottom of each blog post. Remember that? Here’s a refresher from 2019. Even I forgot how tedious that was.

Is it ironic for someone who spent $8 on a whim for a mini Magnolia Bakery cheesecake or too much money on a turquoise cashmere sweater (on sale) to be writing financial articles now? Yes, and no. 

Just as I learned to leave pretty floral heirloom china around the house (because why hide that beauty in a cupboard?) when I interviewed Shabby Chic founder Rachel Ashwell, and when I gathered that Italian rainbow cookies are labor-intensive in the course of writing a Good Housekeeping Christmas cookie feature, I now polish my penny with consumer financial writing. I learn about budget tools and savings goals. I write about how much it costs to get a pet and where to resell your clothing. I have done this kind of writing on and off for years; being immersed in it now feels healthy. 

Also, my life has true challenges at this point. I like being able to tune out, even briefly, use my skills, earn money, sit on the dark green sofa or at my parents’ old mahogany dining room table and WRITE, in between meetings, phone calls and appointments, in between bouts of worry, concern and fear.

Here are some new article links. Have a good day.  

Yours truly, 
Smarter Shopper
  1. 23 Tips on Saving Money Daily 
  2. Guide to Financially Downsizing Your Life and Saving Money 
  3. 23 Easy Ideas to Pay It Forward 
  4. Does Couponing Save You Money? 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember the JOY of immersing myself in work in the midst of family troubles. I could be competent and in control, doing things that mattered and exercising skills I was good at, for a while. And because it was work, not play, I didn’t feel (too) guilty for stepping away mentally or physically from the infinite needs of the family.

    Thinking of you, at your dining room table. Hang in there.
    Xoxox,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, you understand precisely. Thank you. ❤️ Alice

      Delete