Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2024

A Dream About My Mother on Her Wedding Day

I dabbed on Dream Anointing Oil last night at bedtime, the same magical formula that Krystal puts in the center of our palms at the end of Wednesday night Restorative Yoga. (The studio had six little bottles for sale.) The intoxicating floral blend is meant to enhance dream life.

It did. I had a very detailed dream about my mother and father on their wedding day (1951). I talked to them. I learned some things. I'm going to take notes for a short story or essay.

Last night I reread T. Capote's short story "Miriam" from 1945. It's haunting and like all of his best work, closely observed. He sold it to Mademoiselle, the June 1945 issue*.

Hope you have a good day. I have to jot before I forget about the fur stole my mother had on over her white wedding gown....and other details, like how it was to see Dad as a handsome young 28-year-old from the Bronx.

Only 28? That's Figgy's age....

*Per Wikipedia: Carson McCullers' sister, Rita Smith, who worked as an editor's assistant at Mademoiselle, recommended Capote's story "Miriam." She assisted George Davis, who gave Truman his first start in being published.[3]


2 comments: