Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mall Walking

These Juicy Couture Princess Stud earrings are so cute--
the stones are set in little golden crowns. But I resisted, and I'm proud.
Took Fig to Willowbrook Mall for camp shopping. She's set to leave next Sunday, July 3, for four weeks as a counselor in training at her beloved Frost Valley YMCA sleepaway camp in the Catskill Mountains. This will be her eighth year going, since the summer after third grade. But it's only been two weeks each time--now it's four.

Tired now. Gave her a set amount of cash--after she made a list and wrote cost estimate next to each item, from high-waisted shorts to sweatpants. Did not follow her through hours of teen stores; branched out on my own. Got something nice for H. @ Bloomingdale's, and something not too pricey for me. Also browsed in Godiva, Rockport, Victoria's Secret, Lord & Taylor. But using plastic is a slippery slope; I almost succumbed to these really cute Juicy Couture pink rhinestone heart post earrings [above] in L&T, $48 plus tax. Caught myself on slippery slope and climbed back up. Too much time in a mall can be dangerous, and we were there nearly five hours. Fig has amazing retail endurance, but a good eye for style bargains, too.

And, I'm taking care of Patsy's family's lizard, Ziggy, and our friend Eric's son's two lizards, Fred and Jack, who are @ Patsy's. Went and did night duty, carefully changing water and gingerly feeding live worms and torn lettuce. Figgy, an animal lover like her dad and grandfather, popped over to help me.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Nothin, really--except did buy a box of 20 Myoplex Lite Shake Mix Packets in Vanilla Cream flavor @ GNC. Patsy made me a PB shake once to show me how delicious it was--use 1.5 cups skim milk, 2 T crunchy peanut butter, 7 ice cubes and 1 packet shake mix. "It tastes like a peanut butter milkshake," Patsy says. I am having one for breakfast in the A.M.
  2. Reined in my spending.
  3. Did not succumb to Cinnabon or Wetzel's Pretzels--soft, doughy, warm, sugary things from the oven. Did succumb to Godiva Mint Chocolate Chip Shake, which was icy and slushy, and which I threw out after a few sips. Big waste of $6. I should have brought it back for a refund. Figgy said I shouldn't, but I know I should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment