Gifted with running streams, clear skies, birds soaring, horses, breathtaking green mountains. Highway signs pointing to alluring NY names like Ellenville, Florida and Lake Louise Marie. So much to drink in. Then, of course, the chance to see the Figmeister, too. She always looks different after two weeks at camp--first thing I noticed this time is that her hair looked more red-gold from the sun.
- Healthy breakfast
- Gardened for a few minutes before leaving for long drive.
- Brought ice water!
- Walked Sug with Barbara and her dog, Benzy.
- Good hair and tooth care.
- Resisted lofty seven-layer cake @ diner. "We have sugar-free cheesecake," the nice waiter said. Still resisted.
- Went into Go Lightly, vegan store in Montclair, with Fig. Like browsing there, considering a healthful lifestyle, with natural soap flakes, reusable lunch bags and ice cream made from hemp milk. Bought Figgy really pretty pink and silver covered recycled-paper notebook for thoughts or sketches.