Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Soho on a Saturday Evening

Isn't she lovely? This is Kate Spade. I met her many years ago, when
she was signing handbags @ Bergdorf Goodman. Moey, Fig and
I loved the Soho store. Yet left empty-handed b/c of $$$ constraints.
Moey, Figgy and I drove into Soho this evening. Moey's daughter, Laura, had already made other plans, so the three of us went. It was really lovely and best of all, I found a completely free parking spot right around the corner from Broome Street.

Fig loves Soho...the art, the fashions, the beauty, the Pink store [which of course you can also find in a Paramus mall], the fro yo. Moey loved it, too. We had such a nice time. We arrived shortly after 5 P.M. and got home about 9ish.

On Broome, I dragged them into MarieBelle Cacao Bar/Tea Salon and Kate Spade [even the dressing rooms are awesome!], then onto Sur La Table on Spring Street. I made them peek into the Balthazar Bakery and Vosges Boutique. Figgy pulled us into Lacoste + Malandrino [where a beautiful long white dress was over $1,000], Pink on Broadway, and tried to open the doors at Chanel but the store was closed by the time we got there. Lots of great window shopping, too.

We went to a natural food restaurant that happened to have some vegan and gluten-free options on the menu. Figgy had seared tuna; Moey, steak sandwich; me, taco salad with grilled chicken. I also got an iced coffee to go from Balthazar.

Felt good. Good night.

Brownie point: Before we left for the city, I made a big pan of brownies from the back of the E. Guittard Unsweetened Chocolate Wafers box, to bring to a couple of special people tomorrow, when I drive Figgy back to FV. I didn't have vanilla extract; used orange extract [half amount called for]. Results: excellent. Pulled out of oven on the early side; rich and dense, crackly on top, as good brownies should be.

TCOY
  1. Watered my flowers.
  2. Walked Sug around block twice.
  3. Stared down desserts @ Balthazar.
  4. Nap.
  5. About to read a book. Yay. Love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment