Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

A Healthier Me, Step by Step

Today I went to boot camp [really hard, with a 25-minute cross-training segment that involved laps on track, weights and push-ups] and biked back to the park later, about 4:30, to train with my friend Elly for the Battle Against Hunger bike ride*, coming up in less than two weeks. We're meeting again tomorrow morning. I want to bike every day to train.

I also cleaned up my desk and feel better about working, and made the banana bread from BabyCakes cookbook, because I had two speckled black bananas calling my name. Recipe uses coconut oil and agave nectar instead of the usual butter, eggs, sugar, etc. I have to say it was quite delicious when I sampled a warm end right out of the oven.

Figgy's flight from Athens, Greece cancelled due to hurricane backups at JFK. Set for arrival tomorrow night now. Sis, Don and Fig headed back to hotel. One more day in Greece. Could be worse.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp and biking.
  2. Lots of ice water.
  3. Sliced red pepper and turkey burger for dinner.
    *If you would like to help me help feed the hungry, please click on the link above and follow the "support a rider" tab to my name. Or, you can send a check to Toni’s Kitchen, 73 So. Fullerton Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042. Every little bit helps the guests who turn to Toni's Kitchen for comfort. And 100 percent of donations go to the cause. We bikers are paying our own way to do the two-day ride September 10-11.



No comments:

Post a Comment