|Bought a set of these Martha Stewart Crafts cello treat bags with boxes Friday.|
It all started b/c I had a $10 rewards coupon to A.C. Moore, where I found the Martha Stewart spiderweb cello bags with boxes [above] on sale. I bought only one six-pack, figuring I'd make a few little Halloween gifts.
But I needed the cute, colorful handfuls of unwrapped crafty candy to fill them. So at Target Saturday night with H. [our very exciting Saturday night], I saw the huge Halloween candy department and the good prices for giant bags of M&Ms, candy corn and Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins. A pretty, pampered blonde mom with a perfectly glossy French manicure, wearing sexy, tailored bell-bottom blue jeans and high heels was stocking up, so I figured I would, too. Even though I didn't resemble her at all, in my black denim skirt with flour smudges on it, and my bad hair day. The power of persuasion.
We don't need those, H. said.
But I'm making some little Halloween crafts, and these are bargain prices, much better than at the supermarket, I said.
Darn. Hate it when he's right. Cannot comfortably co-exist with big sacks of candy around. Better off with small ration of good chocolate.
TCOY for Sunday, Oct. 16
- Rode pink bike to church and back, adding short extra loop on way home.
- Walked Sug around block once, and on long walk past Iris Gardens with H., Jean and Terry later.
- Took Fig and myself for a manicure.
- Made healthy supper. Never saw so many vegetables in one skillet in my life. Enough to feed army.
- Had white wine with supper, went to bed early [10:20]. Going to experiment with doing that [not necessarily the wine, but the early to bed] instead of blogging late every night. This morning at boot camp, I seemed to have more energy.