Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Granny Pants

In person, these are beautiful. Note the little interlocking
Chanel golden Cs on the camellia flowers.
I do not wear granny pants. But when I zipped into Neiman Marcus at the Short Hills Mall with Figgy today, I did find a pretty red pair of Wacoal [excellent brand] b-smooth hi-cut briefs for $9, marked down from $15. I think it was a lot of Valentine's red on sale in a corner--and I would have chosen the lacy red pair, but they didn't have my size.

Those are granny pants, Fig said.

Can you imagine?

I was lured into the department by those round tables lined with Hanky Panky one-size-fits-all thongs in beautiful patterns and colors. And while the lace is stretchy, I bought a pair once, in a dusty blue, and they were not a comfortable fit. Too bad. Some of my boot camp girlfriends had been raving about them, and assured me they'd fit me, too. Perhaps the panties are one-size-fits-all but not one-size-fits-Alice.

We also dipped into the designer shoe department, where I found a gorgeous, and I do mean gorgeous, Chanel black flip flop with a big white flower on it. So feminine and lovely. But $395. In my dreams. Though I do think this shoe would change my life. That with a bright, glossy red pedicure and I'd be all set for glamour and fun. Would wear with white denim skirt. But don't even know if they make a size 11 [and when you think about it, my boat is so much bigger than a size 6, it should probably cost more].

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. Patsy made me run alongside her at one point when I was dragging.
  2. Walked Sug around block once and over to brook,  flowing and pretty.
  3. Threw out dumb Oreos in freezer. Not worth eating.
  4. Wore nice outfit.
  5. Made time, and a plan, to talk to Fig about serious matters. I think it helped, or will help.



6 comments:

  1. Alice, pshaw. You are not a granny, but you are a "curvy girl," and we curvier girls need to dress appropriately. First mistake: shopping for underwear with a 16-year-old ;-)

    I love these panties (cited as #1), highlighted on a very hip, young blog by a fashionable curvy girl. Check them out:
    http://candimandi.typepad.com/heres_lookin_at_me_kid/2011/08/beauty-discovering-the-beauty-of-shapewear.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. I will check those out! thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granny pants. That's funny. So is Kim's comment about underwear shopping with a 16-year old! And I also LOVE those flip-flops! The flower is so translucent and beautiful. I think that big feet run in the family. (I am often a size 10. But on the positive side, the bigger the feet, the thinner your ankles look in comparison.)

    Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim...i like that blog, very nice/cool. and found the underwear story...Lin, can't wait to see you next Saturday! i know, aren't those flip flops positively gorgeous? love you, alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try a pair. They're inexpensive. And, they're not sexy or pretty, but they give a very nice line under clothes, which then is sexy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete