Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hall of Mirrors

One thing not so good about hotels: the mirrors. Here at the Country House Resort in Sister Bay, I have five: one over the vanity, one over the bathroom sink; one over the deep soaking tub, one over the bureau and a full-length one near the closet. I guess it's good and bad. Maybe I will actually set my cell phone alarm to get up and hit the nature trail before day 2 of the press tour. Get a little movement going.

I also have a fireplace [I flip a switch and it goes on] and a beautiful view off the bluff of water, water, water. I saw cattails out my window.

I love meeting the journalists from other parts: Little Rock; San Antonio; Chicago; Seattle; D.C.; even Louisiana. [Glynn is a hunting and fishing writer, and on the ride from the airport, he gave me a lesson in proper southern PA-KAN vs. my awkward PEE-CAN, which is how I pronounce the nut's name. Linda and Harry, a husband-and-wife reporting/photography team from Texas, said they see armadillos on their property.] The journalists write for newspapers, magazines and websites. Glynn also does radio shows. Ed Moes is here; he founded the successful crappie.com, for people who like to fish. He and Glynn are going ice fishing in the morning; I opted out, in favor of coffee sipping, shopping and a spa treatment.

We toured Country Ovens, where we sampled the decadent dark chocolate covered cherries and cherry juice, and we ate dinner at Coyote Roadhouse in Bailey's Harbor, where we had cheese curds that were better than the airport ones.

So that's why I'd better get my butt up in time for a nature walk tomorrow morning before the car picks us up at 7:45 A.M. for a packed day!

Good night. [I'm not going to sleep quite yet. Have to do a little work and call home again.]

P.S. Make it six mirrors, but this is a big suite. Noticed that magnifying one that swings over the sink, which I will most definitely avoid at all costs. I prefer to not see my imperfections but rather to feel pretty. That's why it's hard for me to see photos of myself!

TCOY
  1. Brought bottle of water on plane.
  2. Ate half my fries, not all, at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment