Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pancakes & Empathy

Today after a long work meeting, my editor and I went out for a late lunch to this great pancake house in West Caldwell. It was 2:30, and all I'd had all day was a thinkThin Chocolate Espresso protein bar, eaten in my car on the way to the meeting. [I aim to do better on breakfast tomorrow. I have Banilla yogurt in the house.] The pancake place was right in the neighborhood.

I haven't been to that pancake palace in years. I won't lie: That side order of chocolate chip pancakes with freshly whipped cream was among the most delicious things I've ever eaten in my life. And my editor was good karma, too.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Ice water.
  2. Private Benjamin.
  3. After long day, stopped at Whole Foods in Westchester to fuel up a little before driving 50 minutes home. Told myself going in, "Don't get an iced mocha, get an iced coffee. And get some tulips, not baklava."  It worked. I couldn't find tulips, so got organic strawberries instead. I inhaled; they perfumed the air.  This might be a good new rule: Buy things from the ground--fruit, flowers, etc.--rather than junk food.
  4. Walked Sug around block once under stars.
  5. Washed my black L.L.Bean skort for boot camp tomorrow. No excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment