Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Delta, Take Me Away

I'm flying Delta, but hope a little Pan Am glamour rubs off on me.
Tomorrow morning I'm going to Traverse City, Michigan, on the peninsula, for a journalists/bloggers trip hosted by GMC. We'll test-drive the new 2013 Terrain Denali, a luxury SUV, at Sleeping Bear Dunes on Michigan's Lakeshore.

I'm sometimes a little nervous about taking the wheel, but I love the water, the sand, the open sky--and nature is the perfect way to refuel my soul. As the waves rollick against the shore, so will my thoughts. They will crest, curl, dip, crash and soften the surface underneath. They will erode hardened dark thoughts.

H. will be here with our Figgy and it's just a short trip--thank God, Figgy is doing pretty well @ the moment. Delta will bring me back home again Friday afternoon. But then, if the stars stay in their courses, I'm heading to Cape Cod early Saturday with pals Anne, Nikki, Sug and Elly for a few days--our long overdue girls' trip.

Up, up, up, up and away......from trials and tears and dashed hopes to salt air and lighthouse beams. From struggles and family therapy and doctors' visits to sunset on the lake. From throwing love and strength and good energy at a persistent problem to opening my heart and mind long enough to catch some love and serenity of my own.

I better go pack. I hope all is well in your corner of the world.

TCOY
  1. Salon hair color, long overdue.
  2. Dermatologist for head-to-toe check--for first time in maybe 10!!!!! years. Felt good to get that brown mark looked at. The doctor also recommended a better face wash [Rx] and told me to apply sunscreen, as my arms and chest are starting to show signs of sun damage.
  3. Delicate wash.
  4. Sought support from supportive friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment