- a jar of cold pickles
- tiny local raspberries from Bear's Berries in Montville
- a pint of farm cream from Great Hopes Farm in nearby Brooks
- whole-wheat hotdog buns
- plant-based, compostable cups and spoons [to eat the berries and cream]
- Alba anti-bug spray
- a large whoopie pie, Maine tradition, from Wildflours Bakery [it happens to be gluten-free]
- And for the kids--Annie's graham crackers, organic milk chocolate and vegan marshmallows [this is the health-conscious store]
Everyone in the family is bringing something and my mother-in-law, Mary, made her beloved potato salad.
I have to do a couple of work emails! My editor has been prodding me, rightly so, about fall issue deadline. I have a nice iced coffee by my side. Then I have to scoot to Moose Point. Dan and brothers already there, others trickling in. It's superhot--even on the coast of Maine. It should be better on a picnic bench by the ocean.
Happy Fourth of July!