Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Prayers & Promises

TCOY
  1. I went to the doctor and got blood taken for routine panel.
  2. Talked to Rachael.
  3. Talked to my Sis.
  4. Got ashes with Punch at 4 p.m. Ash Wednesday service. We saw some nice friends there. Prayed for a very important intention/blessing/wish/hope.
  5. Ate healthy foods, including plain yogurt, big salad, chicken, baked yam and, for snack, walnuts.
  6. Planning short Cape getaway this month with my friend Anne. We both miss it!
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Starbucks app. Sometimes we let Punch [and ourselves] sleep later and drive her to school. We send in a Starbucks mobile order and she runs in and gets it, and eats her egg, bacon and Gouda sandwich in the back seat. She got that + tall drink and protein lunch box. $13.70.
  • Starbucks app on way home. Used my free reward to get big Chicken & Quinoa Salad for free [would have been $9.01 with tax] + a PB protein bar to leave in back seat of car for Punch later. $3.63.
  • Kings, for pint of organic half + half to have with my French press City of Saints coffee [bought beans yesterday]. $3.49.
  • Went to CVS to refill Punch's monthly Rx and while I waited 30 minutes, got groceries, many on sale. Filled cart with 1/2 gallon Horizon organic whole milk; walnuts; pint coffee ice cream for Punch; Kleenex; big petroleum jelly [for removing makeup and for lips]; 8-pack AAA batteries; 6-pack AA batteries; 12-pack dog food; Hallmark bday card; and a special issue of a magazine that I need for work purposes [price was sky-high $12.99]. Total $72.77.
DAILY TOTAL: $93.59.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH OF MARCH AS OF MARCH 6: $663.38.
SO FAR, THAT'S AN AVERAGE DAILY SPEND OF: $110.56. THE HAIRCUT DROVE IT UP.
SOBERING MONEY THOUGHT: I've written many times that my parents were frugal. They both grew up without extra money. I don't think I felt deprived, but maybe in terms of sweet treats. I don't know if my mother felt deprived, either--we didn't talk about that. She owned some elegant things. A single pearl ring Dad bought her before they were engaged. An elegant gold charm bracelet. Some fine perfumes. A mink stole. But when she was dying of cancer in 1982/1983, my Dad must have told her to go buy nice things? I don't know, just speculating. I just know that she had a new hot pink Shetland wool crewneck sweater. And something else, but I can't remember what. So: Did part of me get the idea that you shouldn't wait until you are dying of cancer to buy the best things? That you might as well get them while you are healthy, strong and alive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment