I eat because I'm unhappy and
I'm unhappy because I eat
I'm beginning to wonder about the roots of my spending.
I have work deadlines, and some stress about them...the stress does dissipate when I dig in and shoulder through. One source is acting prickly and high-maintenance....that's no fun.....am I spending money to soothe or smooth stress? I felt tired....I wanted to rake the backyard but have to watch my time management....am I spending money for a wakeup, a jolt of excitement? I'm worried about my dear Sis, with a fairly serious health issue....beautiful things, like that tube of hand cream with the magical gold key, they add beauty to life......it's counterintuitive, I know...bills due, get luxe hand cream......
- Leftover roast chicken [Melissa Clark recipe] and pea soup with leeks and mint [made both last night].
- Bath with lavender salts.
- Dabbed on my Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado.
- Blowout. Pampering.
- Important writing.
- I am about to put on my luxe Oribe hand cream at bedtime. Smells so lovely, truly.
- Municipal parking lot, since I was running late for blowout appt.--$5 plus $1 tip for attendant, $6.
- Gumdrop salon, blowout, plus tips for Rachel--and Shane, who shampooed, $52.
- Gumdrop, also bought velvet scrunchie there for Punchy, $5.
- Lululemon, striped shirt for Punch. She paid for part of it and has been wanting it for a month. Our part, $28. It should fit her for a few years.
- Playa bowl place on South Park Street, fruit bowl for Punch, $10.66 + tip jar, $11.
- Cafe Giotto, yes, right next to Gumdrop salon. Housemade pasta w eggplant, sausage, tomato + housemade ciabatta [which Punch loved, squirreled 2 pcs into her lunchbox for tomorrow] + tax, $22.92.
- CVS to get Rx, but add organic milk, Fairlife chocolate milk for Punch, 2 distilled water gallons for my CPAP machine, 2 Special K on sale, 2 Clif Bars, Honey Maid graham crackers, $22.93.
MONTHLY SPEND AS OF APRIL 10: $1,675.65.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND SO FAR THIS MONTH: $167.56.