Honestly, I try so hard to be vigilant. I model kind behavior because my basic instinct runs to being kind. Dan and I have both lifelong and newer friends we treasure. So does Figgy, who is a good, caring role model. And so does good-hearted Punch, more so now than ever, though she and one girl have been mean to each other for months and P seems to be really feeding on it. Ugh.
Dan and I are working this out but are very disheartened. At our wits’ end. We have received texts tonight from the other girl’s mom reporting all this--grateful for that. Dan has been fielding them. I knew they would be coming, since P told me about the "prank" calls right away at pickup and asked if I’d heard from other mom yet.
This stuff is very, very hard and I am scared.
Good night. Heartsick. Support, hugs, prayers, love, insights, perspective and advice welcome.
- Punch had a double header soccer game from 10 to 12. I picked her up from sleepover and we brought her back. I figured if I was going to be at the field and track, I would walk. Did four loops, one mile.
- Watched a little "Murder, She Wrote."
- Important writing.
- Lavender bath salts.
- Dan and I had a nice, elegant dinner out.
- Uber to get to sleepover house, since Dan had car at our tax accountant. $9.05.
- Uber from sleepover to soccer field. $9.57.
- Montclair Farmers' Market, kale hummus, $8.
- 2 delicious small fresh quesadillas w cilantro-lime chicken and caramelized onions + fresh salsa from this amazing taco truck, with $1 jar tip, $13.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND SO FAR THIS MONTH: $144.87.