Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A Day Late 🇺🇸, No Dollar Short

Honoring those who protected [and protect] the land of the free and the home of the brave. In my family, that counts Uncle Aldo and Sis’s husband, Don, in the Navy and Uncle Jim and Uncle Malachy in the U.S. Army. 

Malachy was in Germany. He wasn't married yet, and since his sister, my mom, had a family, he sent my brother Will a really cute, furry Gund teddy bear that burped when you pressed its belly and a cool gray-blue model Mercedes with a wind-up starter. He gave my parents dinner knives with carved wood forest handles; I think they are up in the Cape Cod house. Beer steins may also have been involved--and a bottle of French perfume for my mother.

Many years later, my uncle bought a life-size Mercedes.
And my Irish grandfather, who fought for our Army in France in World War I, was run over by a tank but lived to tell us the tale. Sis just told me recently that Grandpa was also "gassed" and it affected his breathing his whole life. 

Again, file under THINGS I WISH I HAD TALKED TO MY GRANDPARENTS ABOUT. And THANK GOODNESS I HAVE A BIG SISTER.

$ TOTAL DAILY SPEND: ZERO. [Dan went to ShopRite and got picnic food.]
RUNNING TOTAL SPEND FOR MONTH AS OF MAY 27: $2,062.86.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $76.40.

COMPARE TO APRIL STATS, DOING MUCH BETTER SO FAR, largely due to spending 9? days with Sis in May?
TOTAL MONTHLY SPEND FOR APRIL: $3,634.28.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND IN APRIL: $121.14.

No comments:

Post a Comment